Advantages of Bison Panel
- The Technology of the Bison has originally been developed by Bison Werke of German and is the latest among the techniques developed for the manufacture of Particle Boards. This Board is the outcome of decades of research abroad and is the major break through in developing a Multi Purpose Building Board that can over come all most all the setbacks that are normally found in many Particle Boards.
- Although this Board is a proven product for several decades in many countries like Far East, Middle East Europe and USA, it is still new to our country and the credit goes to NCL for introducing it for the first time, in India in early 90’s .
- When-ever the Board is introduced in new areas of the market, it is natural that there may be some initial resistance to accept a new product by the Carpenters and the Customers as they may not be fully aware of the versatility of the product.
- The following information will help, the customers about the advantages and specialty of the Bison Panel.
Want to know more? Click Here
- Bison Panel come in 5 Varities viz, Plain; Pre-Laminated (Various Colours) ; Designer (Lumber, Murk & Quadra); Planks 8/10/12mm width) ; and Coloured
- Bison Panels conform to IS – 14276 (Plain, Designer Planks & Coloured ); and IS – 15786 (Pre-Laminated Boards).
- Test Reports, Certifications, Recognitions and compliances as laid down by ISO, BS, BIS, Prasar Bharati, BARC, CBRI, NTH, IGBC, GRIHA, CE- Marking, Quality Test Lab, Haryana are available.
- ATTRIBUTES, PROPERTIES & APPLICATIONS IN GENERAL
- BISON PANEL HAS EXCELLENT FIRE AND MOISTURE RESISTANCE
- BISON PANEL IS A SAFE MATERIAL
- SUPERIOR QUALITIES OF WHETHER AND TERMITE RESISTANCE
- DIMENSIONAL STABILITY
- READY FOR DECORATION
- ONE GRADE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS
- WEIGHT CONTRIBUTES TO STRENGTH
- As the Bison Panel has high density, its weight is more. Higher density (1250 TO 1350 kg M 3 (+) contributes to high compressive strength of the Panel (15N/MM 2 ). For example a 50 MM thick Panel will made with two 10MM Bison Panels cladded on either side of a thin light guage steel frame work is able to take a vertical load of 1100Kgs plus/per foot run of its length. This is incredible and not possible with any other medium or light density boards. In the ultimate analysis the inconvenience due to higher weight is trifle when compared with the strength given by the Bison Panel.
- For applications like furniture which are not required to be moved often, Bison Panel will be economical and durable.
- BISON PANELS CAN BE WORKED UPON WITH ANY TOOLS
- EASY METHODS AVAILABLE FOR EDGE PROTECTION
- WARPING CAN BE EASILY AVOIDED BY PROPER BALANCING
- Similarly, Warping occurs when a board is painted on the surface of one side and the other side left unpainted. To avoid this, the other side and the edges also will have to be painted to give an equal effect.
- Similarly, when the board is laminated on one side, the other side also will have to be given in equal effect, by way of painting with an impervious paint or with a cheaper lamination paper / PVC foil etc
- One important point to be remembered in this connection, is that the painting or lamination has to be done when the board is dry. If there is excess moisture in the board, it may cause de-bonding of the laminate or blistering of the paint when it starts to release moisture in warm climate.
- The ability to absorb and release moisture makes the board “non-condensing” which is important for the boards that are used in extreme climatic conditions
- SUPERIOR QUALITIES OF SOUND PROOFING PANELS
Whenever there is fire in the vicinity there is going to be water jet to put out the fire. So a good building board should be both Fire and Moisture Resistant. Some boards which are claimed to be highly fire resistant cannot resist water. Similarly some boards which are claimed to be water-resistant cannot withstand fire. But Bison Panels resist both fire and moisture and its superiority in this aspect is remarkable.
Whenever there are fire accidents, the risk is more due to smoke than due to actual fire. Boards in which synthetic resins are used as bonding material, emit heavy smoke and toxic fumes which are dangerous to health. Whereas Bison Panels when set fire may emit negligible smoke which is non-toxic and harmless. This apart Bison Panel is 100% Asbestos free.
As Cement is the main constituent in the matrix of the board, Bison Panel is as weather resistant as any other Cement Product. Since the Wood particles in the board are mineralized and get coated with Cement, they are NOT affected by Termites . Building Research Institute in Watford, England have conducted Long Term Watering Tests on Bison Panels. It was established that strips of Bison Panel when exposed to weather at 20° C and 65% RH, the strength of the Bison Panel has a slightly increased in the first three years. When ;it was tested after 15 years there was no change in the original strength. It is interesting to note that these testes were conducted on unprotected naked board strips.Such high durability is rarely noticed in other boards.
The Dimensional instability is mainly due to absorption and release of moisture All Wood Particle Boards absorb and releases moisture. Bison Panel also absorbs and releases moisture. But it does not suffer dimensional instability/variations. The swelling in thickness of Bison Panel upon immersion in water for 24 hours is only 1.5 which is negligible. The other boards swell 10 to 15 times more.
Bison Decorative Panel has a smooth surface and needs no surface preparation. The board can take any surface finish from lime wash to water bound distemper ; and from emulsion paint to lamination and paper overlays. Whereas water based paints cannot be applied on most of the other Timber based boards. Bison Panels are useful for wall and ceiling decorations.
Bison Panel is manufactured in accordance with the specifications laid out by ISO/BIS Bison Panel is made in one grade only with stringent quality control. There are no grades like water proof grade. Boiling Water Proof Grade, Fire Proof Grade, Commercial Grade etc., in Bison Panel. Bison Panel is all Proof and all in one grade
There are tools like Circular Cutting Saw Machine, and Drill Machines which can work effortlessly on bison Panel. The wear in tools is much less on Bison Panel thAn on other resin bonded boards. This is due to the fact that resistance offered by Cement is much / less than the resistance offered by board made with sticky resins .
Edge Protection is a common problem with all particle boards. Due to its limited tensile strength (9N/mm2) and heavy density, Bison Panel also has edge protection problem. The problem can be solved easily by proper supports and lipping. Bison Panel when fixed or gripped in a frame work becomes tough and strong. It only requires care in handling to avoid premature damages. As a matter of fact the ability of the carpenter in careful handling of the panel is more important than the actual skills required for working with it.
Almost all the Wood based boards Warp due to change in moisture in the board. This is more so when they are subject to unbalanced condition. Imbalance occurs when the surface of one side of the board is covered and the other side (opposite) is exposed to atmosphere. For example, when a strack of boards are left unprotected, the upper board is likely to warp because the top surface is exposed while the bottom surface is not exposed. The unprotected side of the board releases or picks up moisture according to atmospheric humidity causing warping in the board. Warping is more likely while release of moisture from the board . This can be avoided by covering the stack with a water proof paper or cloth.
Bison Panel cement board can be installed as sound absorbing panels. At the same time, they also provide a clever solution that aims at flat absorption/ diffusion across the audible spectrum. Bison panels blend seamlessly with your interior design and add beauty to your space.
Bison Sound Insulation Panels can be effectively put to use for a number of setups like offices, conferences, home entertainment, broadcast & recording studios, video conferencing, teleconferencing, restaurants, coaching centers, etc.
- Bison Panels is a German Technology Product, and is the best Cement Bonded Particle Board available in our Country. It is excellent in Quality has wide range of Multifarious Applications, Sustainable to all Weather Conditions, Environmental / Eco-friendly Easy to handle; and most Cost Effective. Finally it may be summarized that it is as strong as a Cement Product and as workable as wood thus making it as an excelling Cement Board for Building Construction.
- Customers are requested and advised to go through the u/m documents and also see:-
- Product Guide Book
- Applications related Photos
- Samples and various types of applications
- Clientele List